Source for low-pressure fill valves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deerefanatic

Minister of Fire
Apr 6, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Hi,

I went with a closed system on my homemade wood gasifier. I have a very low pressure however as my water heat exchanger was not built with pressurization in mind and I don't feel like blowing it up. :) So I have a low fill pressure of about 3-4 psi. When up to operating temperature, I stabilize around 6 psi. My pressure relief pops at about 10 psi.

I'm having a hard time finding fill vavles that will adjust down to the low pre-charge pressures I use. Does anybody know if one exists and where I might find it? I right now fill via a line that's Tee'd into the return for the DHW loop in my house by cracking open a ball valve and watching the pressure gauge. But it's a pain to always have to go down there to do it. I have a water meter hooked up so I can monitor water consumption. I have to add water every few days because I have a tiny seeping leak in one of the compression connections on the Pex in my shop's radiant floor.... I've got the radiant valved off for now till I can fix it, but if I need to heat with it before then, I'll have to deal with the leak.

Plus, I've boiled the system twice (don't ask!!) and then had to add water the next morning as I had no pressure upon cool-down of the system.

Hey Matt, I will be going thru Ladysmith up to my place in Couderay for Deer season, and was wondering if I could come by for a look see. Been going to the north woods for ever and someday soon wan't to relocate to my new house in Couderay. I hate to invite myself but would like the tour. If interested please let me know as I would love to chat with ya.

Sure thing, I love visitors. :)

PM me or call me at my business number any day.... 715-532-9938

On the fill valve, thanks Joe for the lead on that... I'll have to see if I can track one down. Anybody online sell Caleffi stuff?

10 psi according to the service manual on the B&G;website....

Status
Not open for further replies.