Source for Metalbestos chimney parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brider

Jun 13, 2008
New Haven, CT
I am in need of a Metalbestos/Selkirk "Thick Collar Adapter", part number DSP6SA, to fit my double-wall Metalbestos stove pipe to the collar of my Harmon Oakwood stove.

No dealer near me has one in stock, and the only supplier I can find on-line (Ventingpipe.com) has like a 4-week (or longer) lead time.

I've pretty much resigned myself to using single-wall pipe this winter, but I'd like to get this part, and can't believe I can't find another source.

Help?

brider said:
I am in need of a Metalbestos/Selkirk "Thick Collar Adapter", part number DSP6SA, to fit my double-wall Metalbestos stove pipe to the collar of my Harmon Oakwood stove.

No dealer near me has one in stock, and the only supplier I can find on-line (Ventingpipe.com) has like a 4-week (or longer) lead time.

I've pretty much resigned myself to using single-wall pipe this winter, but I'd like to get this part, and can't believe I can't find another source.

Help?

Did you ever get this part? What did you end up using for piping? I was looking at the way my stove was connected to the DSP and didn't like the way the installer had it. I was thinking of trying to replace what is there with a DSP6FSA Metalbestos 6" Stove Pipe Flush Stove Adapter. But I'm not sure if this will work.

If anyone did there own install using Double-wall pipe please let me know what you used to connect up to the stove.

Thanks!

I ended up going with straight 22-ga single-wall pipe. Kinda pricey vs standard 24-ga pipe, but it's way thicker and looks great.

That said, the prices at the linked website are great, wish I'd seen them sooner!

Status
Not open for further replies.