Sourcing a St Croix Convection Blower - any cross refs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Just looking around for a replacement St.Croix Lancaster convection blower.
Same blower fits
Replacement Convection Blower Fan # 80P20003-R by St. Croix Pellet Stoves for Afton Bay, Prescott, York Insert, Hastings, Lincoln SCR, Lancaster, Auburn, Greenfield, Ashby MF, Revolution Multi-Fuel Furnace, SCF-050 Corn Furnace

I noticed the new St Croix blower does not have the foam glued to the bottom for shock absorption.
1/2" Flat rope gasket with high temp RTV works just as good.

Any motor companies have an equiv to this?
J238-200-2040

115v 60Hz 1.6a

E64080 E48562 LR20432

See pic below of foam on bottom. Click pic to enlarge.

Attachments

• StCroixLancasterConvectionBlowerYa.jpg
    StCroixLancasterConvectionBlowerYa.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 662
That motor doesn't look anything line mine. Mine has an enclosed motor, typical cylindrical housing. The fans look the same. Here is mine:

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

Interesting! That is the original motor I pulled out of a 4 year old stove purchased in Hookset NH !

Which one - the one in my photo, or yours?

I'm thinking that my stove has had both combustion and convection motors replaced in the past. I did buy it used. The combustion blower doesn't look like others I've seen in pictures. I'd like to get a look at a new stove to see what the original motors really are.

Mine is definitely a sub, as is the combustion motor. Mine has no rubber isolation mounts, and the noise does get transferred to the floor and through the house. The floor makes a great sounding board.

Status
Not open for further replies.