Southern Maine Woodpellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy205

Aug 14, 2008
Southern Maine
Has anyone had the chance to buy any pellets from Southern Maine Renewable Fuels out of Windham?? They sell 3 different types of pellets, I believe their prices are 280/ton + delivery. Just wondering if anyone had dealt with them as they are very close to where I live(within 6 miles)

I bought 3 tons of Energex pellets from them. From what I understand, the 280 price is the same regardless of what brand you request/can get. I have heard of the other 2 brands going for less when i was initially researching pellets. Now, as supply is down and demand is up, that 280 may be a competitive price. Have you called them? I am not even sure if they have any pellets left... Price aside, I went with them because they were always friendly and honest when I talked with them on the phone. I learned about them at a home show and they seemed like good people when I met them. The pellets were placed in my garage using a gas powered pallet jack. This jack has rather large wheels and is a bit cumbersome, so they weren't placed in the garage as tight as I would have liked. I am sure if I asked them to maneuver them around a bit they would have tried to get them closer together. Next time I think I will just have them place them in the garage and I will rent a pallet jack at the rental center ($15) and get them where I want them. I like to support local business, and I was happy with their service, so I will use them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.