1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Southern Maine Woodpellets

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by shaggy205, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaggy205

shaggy205 Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Has anyone had the chance to buy any pellets from Southern Maine Renewable Fuels out of Windham?? They sell 3 different types of pellets, I believe their prices are 280/ton + delivery. Just wondering if anyone had dealt with them as they are very close to where I live(within 6 miles)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wood Nugget

Wood Nugget Member

Loc:
    So. ME
    I bought 3 tons of Energex pellets from them. From what I understand, the 280 price is the same regardless of what brand you request/can get. I have heard of the other 2 brands going for less when i was initially researching pellets. Now, as supply is down and demand is up, that 280 may be a competitive price. Have you called them? I am not even sure if they have any pellets left... Price aside, I went with them because they were always friendly and honest when I talked with them on the phone. I learned about them at a home show and they seemed like good people when I met them. The pellets were placed in my garage using a gas powered pallet jack. This jack has rather large wheels and is a bit cumbersome, so they weren't placed in the garage as tight as I would have liked. I am sure if I asked them to maneuver them around a bit they would have tried to get them closer together. Next time I think I will just have them place them in the garage and I will rent a pallet jack at the rental center ($15) and get them where I want them. I like to support local business, and I was happy with their service, so I will use them again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.