SouthWestern Ontario Cord Wood Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DTrain

Feeling the Heat
Nov 7, 2012
Stow, MA
Any one able to tell me what a cord (not face cord) of wood is running in the Windsor to London corridor?

Thanks in advance!

Here in Central Ontario, Barrie, Orillia and area and into South Muskoka, $300.00 to $350.00/ bush cord

That's funny I'm doing a bunch of work just outside of Barrie the past few months in Angus and Stayner.

In the Cambridge area wood is cheap due to all the wind storms we've had. $50 for face cord for unseasoned. $80 -90 face cord for seasoned 2 years, with local delivery included. Cheapest I see on kijiji.ca is $340. bush cord for seasoned. Bush cord = 3 face cords.
This ad is near London and seems to be the cheapest at $50 seasoned/cord (probably face cord):
http://chatham-kent.kijiji.ca/c-car...of-hard-wood-plus-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ559570092

Craigs list is not that popular here, more on kijiji. Don't forget that many people call a face cord as a 'cord' and a cord is referred to as a 'bush cord' so always ask.

Thank you very much. I'm originally from down near Windsor on Lake Erie. My uncle came into what looks like 10 cords of logs. He was wondering what he could sell it for after. He has asked others around down there and $75/face cord seem to be the going rate. Bush cord is a new term for me! So 3 rows at 16" is pretty much your full on cord then.

Thank you very much. I'm originally from down near Windsor on Lake Erie. My uncle came into what looks like 10 cords of logs. He was wondering what he could sell it for after. He has asked others around down there and $75/face cord seem to be the going rate. Bush cord is a new term for me! So 3 rows at 16" is pretty much your full on cord then.

I'm not Canadian, but I'd guess it will depend a lot on whether he's willing to deliver.

I'm not Canadian, but I'd guess it will depend a lot on whether he's willing to deliver.

He owns an excavating business, with all the cool toys. He's like the perfect dude to run into 10 cords of logs and make that happen! Too bad I don't live back there to get the nephew discount!

Most of the wood in my area is sold by arborists who get paid to cut down trees, then paid again for the wood. If they only got paid for the wood, they couldn't make a go of it. They also get paid in cash, so no income taxes. Everything is more expensive in Canada. Case of decent beer is now $40.

Steam Whistle or Mill Street. Miss that stuff. Beer in the North East US is awesome! But just as expensive if not more! Try some Beau's if you see in a LCBO! Also Walkerville out of Windsor is OK.

I just got a bunch of wood from a guy that buys his logs by the truck load He does it on a pretty big scale. He seems to be doing all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.