Space saving wood stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix5513

Jan 20, 2016
Robbinsville,NC
So, I was running out of room around my house to split and stack wood and I made what I am calling the Wood Gymnasium Extraordinaire. I slowly working up to my mountain wood lot above my house but I scrounged so much wood I didn't want to handle too much.

I built it into my hill.

6fd104c91f7e1fbee70d641f88465172.jpg1968dc1b84d83a3d427a330720800495.jpg

Reactions: TheAardvark
Good job using available space.

I know how you feel. I have a steep slope behindmy house and it would be an enenormous amount of effort to get the css firewood down there and back up once it is dry. I am even thinking about building a winch system off my deck for pulling the firewood up or down.

I had a similar idea using a zip line but I figured I will get a mower with a hitch or a four wheeler. I have a small road that goes up there but I have a Ford F-250 that is just way too big for the road.

That works, looks nice and neat, covers the bank up so no weed wacking. Good result.

bob

super cool... i was talking about this with my wife the other day as we were trying to figure out how to get the wood not in the middle of the yard, but also not have to fill in the entire yard with dirt!

Nicely done. Only problem i can see is how high can you go....LOL

I cannot go very high, but it helped me get it stacked and out of the way. This is actually part of my transition from pre EPA stove thinking to having a hearthstone heritage and learning so much on this forum about firewood drying. I went from throwing the biggest splits I could find into my old stove, to splitting them a lot smaller for drying purposes and so they would fit into my new stove. I had to go threw two stacks and re-split them.

Status
Not open for further replies.