Spam associated with ArboristSite?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
It seems there's a bunch of hearth.com members who also frequent ArboristSite, so this may be of interest. I registered over there on 7/3/12, and within an hour or two, spam started flooding the inbox of every account in the small domain I used for my ArboristSite registration address. Not sure if anyone else has received a huge uptick in their spam receipts after registering over there, but I'd be interested to know.

What!, there are other websites?

I had that happen when I registered at ecomodder.com, a fuel economy website. It was huge but it seemed to go away after that first wave.

I had that happen when I registered at ecomodder.com, a fuel economy website. It was huge but it seemed to go away after that first wave.

Same here. Hit an hour or three after registering at arboristsite, and three days later it went away. Might not have been related at all, but had to ask.

I don't know. I had a huge wave of spam hit at the same time you did and the same three day deal. And I haven't been over at AS for a long time. Were yours from .info domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.