1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
    Curious. The harman XXV manual lists over 50 parts but is notably incomplete. Regardless, it appears that main structures in a pellet stove are in fact sheet metal and do indeed account for a majority of the stoves internal structure and to a much smaller degree some of its moving parts. However analysis strongly indicates your offer of sheet metal combined with my spare parts would not be sufficient, as you state, to make a whole stove. Additionally material requirements aside, the absence of fabrication tools combined with your offer presents challenges that would be difficult if not impossible to overcome.
    jtakeman likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I got a big hammer and some spare time to kill! :p
    Mr. Spock likes this.
  3. Mr. Spock

Loc:
    SW MA
    Hmm... I expected more folks would keep a few common fail items handy for one reason or another. Proud to be a pellet pig but no ready when Murphy visits? Seems odd to me.
  4. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    Unfortunately my generac has a harmonic distortion of 5% or greater. I bought it simply in a rush to prevent my basement from flooding, so my mentality at the time was to just make sure the sump pumps have power. Thanks for your input on the UPS route, it's something I wasnt sure about and was going to purchase a few units to try. I'm also considering getting rid of my generator and picking up a Honda inverter generator, though that is a pricey option. The battery route would be the cheapest, but also a hassle.
  5. Mr. Spock

Loc:
    SW MA
    Battery would be the cheapest route maybe. Depends on how long you want to keep the stove running. But Keeping it charged and the safety/maintenance considerations can be a deal breaker.

If you want plug and play UPS is the way go but it won't run the stove for long periods of time.