Spares for Quadrafire Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_pinehill

Nov 29, 2008
nj
My stove is into its 4th season. I had to replace the auger motor capacitor, and it took a week to finally get the part. What spare parts do members keep on hand. Im finding local dealers dont keep a large inventory of parts. I have a spare capacitor, snap disc #1. Its a balance between having a spare part, and tying up too much money. My first thoughts are the TC ($78) and igniter ($60). Do these tend to go well past 4 years?

wondering what others keep on hand entering the season.

Its like trying to buy a sump pump in the middle of a huricane, you dont find out yours is broken until it rains, and they Home Depot is sold out.

I've been kicking this around myself. Which model Quad do you have?

classic bay 1200 free standing

There are a few sellers on eBay that have the ignitors for $40 or less.

Ignitor, Combustion Blower, Door gasket, Ash Pan gasket, and a thermocouple. I have thought about getting a snap disc or two, but I am gonna be selling the 1200 this Fall. So no need in buying something for someone else.

Always good to have spares. Especially if its a Main heat source. I have a new LP furnace. But I refuse to use it. Has not ran in yrs now (except twice a yr for testing/just in case of emergency or leaving town)

Your CB1200 is a popular unit. A local dealer should have many of you items in stock. I would only stock what he/she doesn't have. Unless you got some cash to burn.

I finally bought some parts, seeing I am mostly running full time this year.

igniter, TC cover, if you break it accidentally your shut down. And a TC by mistake.
My igniter was $35, prices have jumped since summer, now they wouldn't take advantage, would they.

I think I'm good for the season, but over the summer I'll look for an igniter, TC, the three snap discs. Other items like the fans, controller, vacuum switch are cost prohibitive to have on hand

Status
Not open for further replies.