sparks coming out of exhaust pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney

Jan 27, 2013
Westminster, MD
Quadrafire Santa Fe. 2011 model. Freshly serviced and exhaust pipe cleaned. Using Cleanfire Pacific. Never noticed sparks coming out of pipe before....just occasional ones, but it is a concern.

Anything I have missed on care? Cleaned daily, full vacuum weekly. Run on high 15 min every day to clear any build up. Seems to be running optimally
thanks for any feedback-

Most stoves do it but most people don't notice it. That's the reason that vents need to terminate a certain distance above grade. It gives any sparks a chance to burn out before they hit the ground. As long as your stove and vent is installed to spec then I wouldn't worry about it.

Quadrafire Santa Fe. 2011 model. Freshly serviced and exhaust pipe cleaned. Using Cleanfire Pacific. Never noticed sparks coming out of pipe before....just occasional ones, but it is a concern.

Anything I have missed on care? Cleaned daily, full vacuum weekly. Run on high 15 min every day to clear any build up. Seems to be running optimally
thanks for any feedback-
Same here in Quebec, many models installed and they all do that but nothing to worry about.

When I ran short venting decades ago, I got sparks ocassionally and when I did, I backed down the compustion air a bit (slowed the combustion fan down). Don't get that anymore because my venting is over 20 feet vertical so sparks burn out prior to reaching the termination cap and fall back down in the ckeanout.

I would not be concerned about it so long as there is nothing flammable for them to ignite under the venting....

Never heard of that. What is it?

A bucket you put below the vent to catch the sparks,when the bucket gets full you recycle back into the stove :)

Reactions: JDenyer236
Sparks on snow no problem here

Status
Not open for further replies.