Sparks from the pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF happened here? Craig? Help! If it is a short vent, it will typically put out more fly ash sparks. Again, not a big deal in my experience as long as the vent isn't a foot away from gas soak rags, or a pile of leaves. Don't burn cats in a pellet stove, not alot of btu's.

I am sorry slick. I thought you were someone joking, I didn't mean to offend you.

slickplant35 said:
I am not quite sure how far out the pipe goes out. I know it's just straight out. No history of previous posts. They have all been very helpful in the past maybe other posters were on before don't know.

Are you saying that you never posted on here before?

LOL Gotz!!!!!!!!!!!

slickplant35 said:
bungalobob I kind of thought the same you would think all of these people were a bunch of catty women with PMS
I've seen a lot of helpful answers from most of these guys/gals, but one thing I have noticed, there is alot of fun to be had here. It's a nice loose community where everyone is laid back enjoying the fire and the small talk. Plenty of razzing and lots of playful banter. So don't get discouraged by some fun talk at times, but if you have legitimate questions, everyone here is more than willing to help, or at least guide you in the right direction to an answer. Just be ready to accept an occasional joke here and there.

If the fly ash is a concern, you could add a tee to the pipe just outside of your house and go vertical for a few feet. This should greatly diminish or stop the hot ash from exiting the pipe.

I think a pellet stove may not be for you if you're that nervous.

I can take a joke but when I am asking about sparks and not knowing anything about stoves and you make a joke and tell me to sleep with a hose I tend to get a little annoyed. If you joked after wouldn't give a s-it

OMG, LOL, slick I was as nervous as you too, you will relax in a few years. Hope you are laughing with us.

SlickPlant, I have an idea...why don't you ask your husband about the sparks.

Sparks are normal.

Sh*t! I left the stove on and went to bed. Just woke up covered in sweat. Better turn that thing off just to be safe. Funny if gas furnaces had a big giant glass window on them, would we sleep well? And then there's that darn clothes drier, wonder if that had a window on it if we'd clean the exhaust pipe a bit more often? No candles, ever, ever, ever. Really, I'm going to bed now, without peeking at this thread 'til morning. Really.

macman said:
SlickPlant, I have an idea...why don't you ask your husband about the sparks.

Typical male. Doesn't pay attention. :lol: She said she's a single Mother.

I wouldn't worry about a few sparks honestly. If you think
the shrub is too close then I would cut it down. I'm serious.
If it meant the stove goes or the shrub I'd chop the shrub.
If you really want the folks here to analyze your setup, I'd
suggest standing far enough back to get a pic with the shrub
and the pellet vent in the pic and post it up here.

Stay warm!

For a lot of us it's new it's different from what a lot of us are used to. All I can say is thanks for this forum and all the information from everyone and certainly putting my mind at ease. And, sc_ew BIG OIL. It's important for us all to know that with a safe insallation that we and our family are safe. Thanks hearth.com.

You're a good sport.

I haven't run my stove for 3 nights, let alone look for sparks. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.