Speaking of thermostats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghandy131

Oct 14, 2011
Central MA
My Englander 10-CPM has been delivered but waiting for hearth board so we can get this installed. I've read about thermostats and am wondering if anyone has used the remote that Englander sells (AC-3001), or might there be another wireless thermostat that I could use?

You'll find plenty of threads on here about thermostats if you search. Basically, you want a thermostat that has a 'swing' adjustment. Programmability is entirely up to you. With or without it, you don't need to spend more than $40 for a decent one. Any more than that and you are just looking for niceties and/or feeding your ego.. :lol:

I have the same stove, I have a t-stat all ready to go.
Still contemplating if i really need it?
The more I read here most people have the stove on a setting they like and it runs 24-7?

I got the wired stat that englander sells. I have it on the Wall upstairs and the stove in the basement. It has served its purpose well. Stats are cheap. You should not be out that much on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.