Speaking of woodsheds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
I finished my shed this morning. Pics are posted on the "Perfect Picture" forum under the thread title "The Taj Mahlog". I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Rick

I'm going in somebody cover me.

savageactor7 said:
I'm going in somebody cover me.
roger, Roger, what's your vector, Victor?

If I had a nickle for every time I heard that one.

Regards,
Victor

The tax man is going to love you! Great looking wood shed.

stanleyjohn said:

SJ, where I live, no permit is required for any unoccupied out-building less than 200 square feet and 10 feet tall...regardless of how it's built. No permit=no inspection(s)=no reappraisal=no tax implication whatsoever. Perfectly legal. Gotta love Deschutes County, Oregon. Rick

Let me tell you about an experience I had up here in Life Free or Die New Hampshire. I was working from home today in my office when I heard a knock on the door. It turns out my wife had a tax appraiser inside the house and he wanted to look inside my office. Double whammy, I was still in my pajamas. Inside appraisals are not optional here... People have been taken to court for refusing access. I really don't much care, to be honest, but it was a little surreal and inconvenient.

fossil said:
stanleyjohn said:

SJ, where I live, no permit is required for any unoccupied out-building less than 200 square feet and 10 feet tall...regardless of how it's built. No permit=no inspection(s)=no reappraisal=no tax implication whatsoever. Perfectly legal. Gotta love Deschutes County, Oregon. Rick

You really need to come to the land of the Rotten Apple. Here is your kid sets up a hotwheels racing set they call it a commercial development. Even here in the sticks now they want a permit for even a stupid 6 by 6 tool shed. Of course what they don't know doesn't hurt me now does it? Lots of people around here have gotten so disgusted that they put up those ugly plastic tarp buildings and they can't tax those. Of course the Chinese cheapies don't fare too well in the winter winds.

vgrund said:
...it was a little surreal and inconvenient.

And yet another master of understatement here on the forum. :) Rick

Driz said:
...You really need to come to the land of the Rotten Apple...

No thanks, Driz...just last year we finally escaped Fairfax County, Virginia after being nearly taxed to death by them for 12 years. Oregon is a breath of fresh air for us...literally, figuratively, and financially. Rick

fossil said:
Driz said:
...You really need to come to the land of the Rotten Apple...

No thanks, Driz...just last year we finally escaped Fairfax County, Virginia after being nearly taxed to death by them for 12 years. Oregon is a breath of fresh air for us...literally, figuratively, and financially. Rick

Rick: did ya ever see John Singleton Mosby`s ghost? He used to own that area ya know.. Gave Grant fit after fit. :)

[quote author="fossil"
Gotta love Deschutes County, Oregon. Rick[/quote]

I do, they have a great brewery, I am actually drinking a Mirror Pond from them as I type :)

Elderthewelder said:
...I am actually drinking a Mirror Pond from them as I type :)

Deschutes Brewery, right here in Bend. My cousin & his wife have known the owner for years. Brew pub/restaurant downtown. Great Reuben sandwich. I really like the Black Butte Porter. :coolsmile: Rick

Had some Black Butte Porter the other day. (No comments from the peanut gallery.) It was great. Deschutes makes good brew. Have you tried Maritime's Nightwatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.