Special Op's For Wood Retrieval

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob From Wisconsin

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
East-Central Wisconsin
Between all the bugs heat & humidity, wood retrieval from my remote stacks
located in various places in our woods has become a "get in & get out fast"
operation. Even with the best bug spray, it's a "mad dash" to get a load here-and-there
to my wood shed, where it can be properly sheltered from the elements to throughly dry.

Looking forward to Fall temps.......

7/11/11 Depending on regular work schedule & if its not raining,I try to get in the woods 1 day a week if possible.Past 3 weeks have been hauling out,splitting & stacking deadfall I cut in April.May & June dropped & cleaned up 17 standing snags in between all those rainy days we had.If its 90 or above I start early & quit around noon or soon afterwards.Last week was brutal,temps 97-99 with 110-122 heat index in afternoon.Mosquitos,ticks etc dont bother me too much,I must sweat & stink so bad on those days they leave me alone. :lol:

Attachments

• 2nd load pic 2.jpg
    2nd load pic 2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 547
Skeeters bad this year? I grew up in WI in various places around the Milw. area. Some years they would suck so much blood out of me that I'd get dizzy. :lol:

Thermacell

Right there is your answer. I'd hate to go without one.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thermacell

I bought on this summer based on Dennis' recommendation (thanks Dennis!). It works quite well after warming up if there isn't too much of a breeze. Bought one for my parents & another for my sisters family. Refills are kinda pricey tho.

midwestcoast said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Thermacell

I bought on this summer based on Dennis' recommendation (thanks Dennis!). It works quite well after warming up if there isn't too much of a breeze. Bought one for my parents & another for my sisters family. Refills are kinda pricey tho.

We average buying one (or less) refill pack per year. We get the multiple which costs $19.00 and we use ours a lot. Both of us have one so that refill cost is for running two of them. So far I've found nothing that works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.