Special order Englander 28-3500 from Lowes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I just won a $500 gift card from Lowes because they opened a new store near me and I entered a drawing during their grand opening. Lowes sells Summers Heat stoves but no plain Englanders-I called the Lowes I got the giftcard from and they treated me like I had three heads (the guy obviously didn't know much about stoves) as they kept telling me they couldn't find that one in the book. I gave up and called another store and that guy called me back to say that he looked online and found the stove (he knew that Summers Heat and Englander were one in the same to begin with) but didn't know if they could order it. He's going to call on Monday and then let me know. Just curious if anyone else has ordered one through Lowes and if so how much they paid. Home Depot is selling them for $1349.00 in the store but of course this does me no good ;)

Go over to the desk by the yard tractors, chainsaws, snowblowers and stuff. There will be a book over there with the special order stoves in it.

BrotherBart said:
Go over to the desk by the yard tractors, chainsaws, snowblowers and stuff. There will be a book over there with the special order stoves in it.

It's not in the book-they're going to call Englander on Monday to see if they can get it. I was just curious if anyone else had done so and how much they paid.

Badfish740 said:
BrotherBart said:

It's not in the book-they're going to call Englander on Monday to see if they can get it. I was just curious if anyone else had done so and how much they paid.

Yes, they can. I ended up going w/ home depot, but the guy at lowes was all set to order it for me if i made my decision. he was going to charge about 1550 or something close...more than home despot, but then i didn't have a gift card...

M1sterM said:
Yes, they can. I ended up going w/ home depot, but the guy at lowes was all set to order it for me if i made my decision. he was going to charge about 1550 or something close...more than home despot, but then i didn't have a gift card...

Hmmm...that was what I was afraid of. If I could get it for the same price as Home Depot it would only be about $850 my cost. I would say that I could try to bargain with them by letting them know that Home Depot is selling the same stove literally just down the road for $1350, but if they're special ordering it for me to begin with it probably negates my bargaining power.

I bought my furnace at Lowe's and someone tell me the difference between these models like summers heat and englander? They are all made by the same company and I was told some stores have to put the other brand on them to sell them?

When I bought my furnace the guy at Lowe's didn't know about them either, we looked at the book and low and behold I saw it there and showed the guy. He placed a order and it was there in a week or less. I did have to pay Lowe's to deliver it, but the guy who brought it was great. I have a walk out basement and I opened both doors and he took his forklift and put it right inside the basement. I only had to muscle it a few feet to close the doors.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, let me know.

Edit, I looked at my credit card statement and I think I paid $1300 with delivery which was $60 then. That includes Indiana sales tax.

Shipper

Badfish740 said:
M1sterM said:

Hmmm...that was what I was afraid of. If I could get it for the same price as Home Depot it would only be about $850 my cost. I would say that I could try to bargain with them by letting them know that Home Depot is selling the same stove literally just down the road for $1350, but if they're special ordering it for me to begin with it probably negates my bargaining power.

I know Home depot will honor lowes coupons... maybe you could talk them into honoring your lowes giftcard?

Badfish740 said:
M1sterM said:

If it works for you, don't let me know. :) I was going to try to negotiate for the price match, but didn't have time. I also didn't know then how easy it is to get 10% off coupons. :(

I ordered mine from Lowes. I argued with the manager that it was the same stove, and he should call Englander
to confirm this. He got back to me 3 days later and gave me Home Depots price.

mattrookie said:
I ordered mine from Lowes. I argued with the manager that it was the same stove, and he should call Englander
to confirm this. He got back to me 3 days later and gave me Home Depots price.
Just for my info, if you don't mind me asking? What did you get it for since it was Home Depots pricing?

Shipper

the 28-3500 should be in the lowes special order setup, but the model number you would have them look up is stove model 50-shw35 (which is the summers heat model number for the unit ) its the exact same stove as the 3500 at home depot no difference at all. email me at [email protected] i will be in the office friday (day after thanksgiving) and i'll look up the special order "sku" number for the sos desk to look it up under. normally i'd say call but phone lines are a bit busy , even better , drop me that e mail and include a daytime phone number and i'll call you and give you that information. lowes i do not think carries that unit as a stock item but they can order it for you. it is important to note though that the lowes guys will likley not know the "englander model numbers as they carry the summers heat line so that may be why they didnt know what you were talking about. let me know if i can help ya though , its no trouble at all for me to get this info to you.

i bought my 28-3500 at home depot for 1389 last month and then after a coupon a friend gave me ..I got it for $1250 out the door
my local HD always sells out the englander stuff qucik and is almost always on backorder to get them
id get the englander dont mess with the us stove company tractor supply stuff ,its a great furnace at a super price IMHO
keep trying till you can order one

Hey Mike, glad to see you are starting to get enough time to catch a breath of air here on Hearth.com. Have yourself a really nice Thanksgiving before you jump back in the trenches.

BeGreen said:
Hey Mike, glad to see you are starting to get enough time to catch a breath of air here on Hearth.com. Have yourself a really nice Thanksgiving before you jump back in the trenches.

you too my friend, tomorrow is supposed to be 56 degrees high, will be on the golf course with my dad in the morning and rest of the day at mom & dads house with the whole family. gonna be a great day. hope all in here have a wonderful thanksgiving as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.