Spectrum clearance confirmation please?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the installation and stove pipe. What type of installation is this? Straight wall, corner? Is this going in a mobile home? If yes, that is correct for the clearance to the back of the stove. Otherwise it's 5" with double-wall pipe. 12" with single wall pipe. Side clearances are greater.

It's for a residential house and we haven't bought the stove pipe yet.

Is the stove going against a flat wall or in a corner? If this is a residential home, not a manufactured mobile home, then the clearances with double-wall pipe are less. 5" from the back wall and 4" if it is installed in a corner.

Its going to be against a wall. I think that this may be "the one" it's going for $400, but it's 15 years old...still good deal you think?

Contact Tom Oyen at the www.chimneysweeponline.com or PM him here - thechimneysweep. He has a Spectrum of about this vintage and can advise you. I'd say if it is in good condition, that could be a good one. But check it out carefully for abuse or lack of maintenance. I'm not sure if the clearances are the same as the new stoves. They probably are similar, but best to check that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.