Speeco 35 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thenrich

Aug 11, 2014
Central, WI
Hi,
First time poster so bare with me. I have three questions:

1) I just purchased a Speeco 35 ton log splitter from Fleet Farm it was on sale for $1499 plus I got an additional 10% off signing up for their orange store card. So I got the splitter, fluid, oil and tax for $1523 is that a fair price for that splitter?

2) Should I purchase the $69 2 year additional warranty?

3) Is there any harm using trans fluid vs. regular hydraulic fluid?

Thank you

Awesome deal! That's about the same deal I got on my 35-ton Huskee (made by SpeeCo) in 2009 before the prices jumped.

Almost all extended warranties are a waste of hard earned money, including this one. JMHO.

My manual recommends that 20 weight (SAE 20, ISO46, or equivalent) hydraulic fluid. In cold temperatures, you may use ATF. MY BEST ADVICE IS TO USE THE FLUID RECOMMENDATIONS IN YOUR MANUAL.

Here's the excerpt from my manual:
SpeeCoHydOil.jpg

Here's an excerpt from an Iron & Oak manual:
IOrecommendedSplitterFluid.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey
Happy to help. I posted that fluid info so many times (in more than one forum) that I made a picture clip of my manual and store it on PhotoBucket for occasions such as these.

Enjoy the new splitter!

Been using AW32 hydro oil for 15 years, no problems for me. ( lot cheaper than ATF)

Status
Not open for further replies.