Just the Way It Is.... Spell check ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I'm sure that I'm over looking the obvious, but where is the spell check at ?

There wasn't one in the old forum and there isn't one in the new one. Spell check is best handled by your browser.

I had one with the old forum but not this one. Not sure why.

There was definitely one in the old forum. Not under quick reply, but under post reply and edit, if my memory serves me. Sure seems to be a more important function when compared to bullets, word wrap, italics and underscoring. Smileys, pics and spell check were the most used operations for me. But I am not like many here;)

I doon't nud spilling cheek.

There wasn't one in the old forum and there isn't one in the new one. Spell check is best handled by your browser.

Seriously? You're joking, right?
I'm not a great speller, and I definetely used the checker for every post in the old forum.
You had to Check Document, and then Save Changes if you made any.

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Speel cheker...woo needs it?

Tihs is so ture
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? ...

Werks gud fer me. I lik the smell chekker. Tho someun here needs a bath!

To close out the thread - yes, correct - the old system did have a built-in checked if you wanted to use it. I never did because the browsers I use have it built in, so no need.

It appears that most all modern browsers have spell check built in - IE is the exception, and it is supposed to have one in the new version (already available in beta).
Until then - if one is a never-leave-it IE user, they can get any of a couple free spelling add-ons.

And that, as the Prefix says, is the Way it Is.

To close out the thread - yes, correct - the old system did have a built-in checked if you wanted to use it. I never did because the browsers I use have it built in, so no need.

Interesting. All those years and I never saw it. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.