sping pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, If a dealer overstocked they could hold specials to reduce the pellets on hand. This would be a good season for that to happen as we have been so warm and many haven't used as much fuel this year. I have heard some boxstores and now Pellets direct in Uxbridge MA. having specials already.

Many of us pigs are already on the prowl and scoring deals. You might want to join in for their all gone. ;-)

My experience has been the opposite, they seem to go up and then disappear until fall. You might find a few places that will sell them cheap to get rid of them so they don't have to store them until fall. Since it has been mild so far this winter you may see a lot more pellets around which may drive prices lower but I wouldn't count on it. Another factor may be demand, because of the mild weather pellet dealers are selling less product so to keep the profit margins up they have to raise the price. If you buy in bulk you will get a better price but you have to have a place to store them.

I've purchased pellets for 3 years in a row in April at about $40-$50 less than what they were in the heart of winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.