split flue help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neal

Sep 22, 2007
Hey guys

Ive never been here before, but I just bought a Jotul F100 and I need some advice. I want to install it in my existing fireplace and chimney. This is all wood buring stuff of course.

My chimney is unique though, it actually has two fireplaces. One upstairs and one down. The bottom fireplace vents around the upper one on each side. Like a "Y".

What do you all think? Should I install the stove pipe in just one of the liners, or split it into two, or what?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Neal

Just run it up one side. No need to split it, just asking for headaches. Not even sure that would pass code. Is there enough room to run up one side?

Yep. One side. Dual pipes are only cool on a car.

BrotherBart said:
Yep. One side. Dual pipes are only cool on a car.
Or head shop ;)

You might want to seal off the top of the unused flue to prevent any flue gas from backfeeding down it.

Status
Not open for further replies.