Split ID Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacffin

Minister of Fire
I had a cord of wood delivered last year from my local Agway and it was too wet to burn so I let it sit until this year. It's a hodge podge of mixed wood with these in there. I am not sure what it is, maybe cherry?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Bruce

Attachments

• DSCN3433ur.jpg
    DSCN3433ur.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN3434ur.jpg
    DSCN3434ur.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN3435ur.jpg
    DSCN3435ur.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN3436ur.jpg
    DSCN3436ur.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN3437ur.jpg
    DSCN3437ur.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN3438ur.jpg
    DSCN3438ur.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
Im with the other fellas here. Looks like some nice cherry. That will make an absolutely wonderful aroma when you walk outside and smell the smoke. I love smelling cherry burning when there's cold and the snow's blowing around. One of the coziest smells on the planet IMHO....

Well I have burning this stuff for the last few hours and I am impressed. "Cherry" red coals! Nice even burn with a little pop here and there and yes, a very nice aroma for sure. I like it :)

Thanks!

Reactions: ScotO
Cherry Bomb.

Every guy remebers the first time he popped some cherry... in the stove of course

Status
Not open for further replies.