Split piles getting smaller - stacks are growing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
I have been refilling the stacks with this years CS wood and currently have 12+ stacked with a bunch more to go. I like to take my time with this and not over do any one work session but every time I get started I never know when to quit :) I think I will end up with 15-16 cord or roughly 4yrs of heat.

My stacks are not nearly as pretty as some on here but they sure are beautiful to me.

Attachments

• 12.3.JPG
    12.3.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 12 2.JPG
    12 2.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 12 3.JPG
    12 3.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 185
Looking great Bob!

Reactions: ScotO
Just curious...the stacks look pretty close to the road. Any concern with theft?

Good question and if that were a road my "wood" would not be there. That is the easment drive back to my neighbors house you can see. They live behind me and we all live at the end of a 3/4 mile private drive in the sticks. Think private as in, "the county has nothing to do with it" not posh, gated community, private. My road gets so rutted and muddy that the USPS refuses to deliver beyond the entrance at the main road. If, and that is a big "if" someone that was not a neighbor accidently strayed this far off the beaten path my wood is almost undetectable from the road/driveway/mud trail or whatever one wants to call it depending on the time of year.

I think your stacks look A-OK to me, Bob! I've learned from experience if you make them look TOO nice, you feel like chit when you burn them up!!;)

Not to mention your wife will call you "Wood OCD" or similar names. ;lol

Reactions: chvymn99 and ScotO
Bob, one more thing though...you really need to be a "member" of the Firewood Hoarder's Club, LTD, especially w/all that stacking you just did. ;)

Agreed Scotty.

BTW take a look at the big ash trunk by my fire pit. That is part of the monster ash that blew over in the back yard this winter. Probably 3 nights or more worth of wood in that thing. I was going to CSS it but when I got to looking at it in the woods and stood it up - Whola, natural recliner!! Thing is comfy as all get out for a fire pit stump. I'll try and get my dog to sit on it and get better pics.

Those wood stacks look beautiful Bob.

Now that the weather's been getting a little nicer, I've been taking more walks out to look at the stacks.
You can see yours from a mile away!
Oh, and how did you plow all the snow so it looks like you don't have any?;)

Looking good to me as well!! That's a serious amount of heat ready to rock there!!

Look very nice Bob. I finally decided to start my splitting today because it was a bit too soft to get into the woods.

Those stacks look great. Out in the wide open where the wind and sun can get to it. Great Job.

Great stacks, wish I had 4 years stacked, I"ll keep workin on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.