Split some birch today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
26° & in the sun, was down to a sweat shirt in no time.
Got all the rounds split, hope to get it stacked tomorrow.
from this:
100_8195.JPG

to this:
1DSCF0019.JPG 1DSCF0025.JPG

1DSCF0017.JPG 1DSCF0022.JPG

Wow, nice work! Super jealous of your view. I can see how you can spend hours out there "working" :)

The one thing i am really jealous about from you guys is the wood is all the same / similar length. I don't cut my rounds, the arborist does, so mine are all over the place regards length which means untidy stacks.

Nice view - look at the long shadows what time of day is that? how many hours daylight do you get at the moment?

The one thing i am really jealous about from you guys is the wood is all the same / similar length. I don't cut my rounds, the arborist does, so mine are all over the place regards length which means untidy stacks.

Nice view - look at the long shadows what time of day is that? how many hours daylight do you get at the moment?

2:30 PM
9 hrs, 16 min. Still losing 5-1/2 min per day.
1:45 PM is our solar noon; 17° sun angle today
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=18

very nice dave....im ready for some of that cooler weather.....get hot here yesterday..supposed to be mid 70's today

Lookin good indeed Boggy!!

Nice stack of firewood you've got there, and an even better view.

real nice. we are lookin at 60's all week. i have only had 3 fires so far. the view is killer.

Yes. That view is an eye opener. Dave, as far as the wood splitting and stacking goes, you are a machine.

Nice work and nice view.

Awesome work Dave. Really diggin that last pic, 2 of the nicest views IMO---freshly split firewood and mountains.

8° this AM.
Waiting for the sun to warm it up a few degrees before going out & stacking it.
Must be getting getting smarter or lazy in old age :)
Pics from back deck (porch) @ 8°f , before sunrise:

DSCF0031.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

u da man, Dave...

10 AM, sun finally up & over the mtns.
@ 1040, up to 15°.
Will be headed out to start stacking soon :)
DSCF0034.JPG

Very nice indeed. I am curious what that is you are placing below your pallets, some type of bug or moisture barrier?

Very nice indeed. I am curious what that is you are placing below your pallets, some type of bug or moisture barrier?

Some landscape cloth.
Some is just old carpet to keep the weeds down.

Status
Not open for further replies.