Split some wood this past weekend with Son and Grandson pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBurner

Aug 4, 2008
SE CT
Had a great time splitting for 3 hours this past weekend with my son Michael and his son Michael, pile is 12' x 12' at the base and 6' high, had to let the grandson have a quick turn at operating. split some cherry, oak birch. it helps that my son is 6'10" and is built like paul bunyan

splitting.jpg

splitting4.jpg

Fine job!

Nice pile & it looks like it was the perfect weather for splitting!

CTBurner said:
it helps that my son is 6'10" and is built like paul bunyan
I don't think you really needed that splitter. Looks like he could rip those splits apart with his bare hands.

I wish my grandpa would tell us when he's cutting and splitting. I think that guy could still work me into the ground!!!

Awesome, good work guys!

CTBurner, that has to be a good memory day. Congratulations on that.

Last weekend I took out splitter to the neighbor's to split a small wood pile. I split for just a little and they were amazed as they had never seen a splitter before. So, I showed them how and then the neighbor took over. I let him split for a bit then got his twin boys (age 4) going on the control. Then after a bit I left them. When I went back I found they really had a good time.

Now, they are talking about getting a wood burner too! He has 10 acres of woods....mostly oaks. He should be all set. I could trade wood with him for a couple of years too. That way he could start with seasoned wood and I'd have more oak. Nice for both parties.

Alberta Burner said:
So if the son and GS are doing the work, my guess is that chair is for you??? :lol:

you guys don't miss a thing :lol:

6' 10"
HOLY CRAP
He's not built like Paul Bunyan.

He IS Paul Bunyan

Awesome stuff, I get my my two( 7&8) to run the ram and we have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.