Splitfire Woodsplitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

Really happy with my Splitfire wood splitter. Splits on the push and return stroke. Been using the four way and it's been working fine. I would buy another of these again. Also the log lift works as a great staging area too.

Awesome splitter!

Do you own one too? What a great idea ,whom ever thought of that set up. Not a wasted move on the return. Any wear on the cylinder is doing work.

xclimber said:
Do you own one too? What a great idea ,whom ever thought of that set up. Not a wasted move on the return. Any wear on the cylinder is doing work.

Only seen videos.

These splitters do seem to have a limit though . . . my Amish neighbor ended up borrowing my conventional hydraulic splitter to split up some sugar maple last year . . and a bunch of knotty white pine this year . . . said the splitter they had access to just stalled on the more dense wood . . . on the other hand he said with "regular" wood and a couple of his sons they could split up a lot of wood wicked fast thanks to the design of this splitter.

Wow, I haven't had anything like that happen. I've been splitting 5 year old oak rounds, mostly tops , 18 inches in diameter, and even the four way goes thru. Sounds like the pressure relief valve is not working if the motor is stalling. In fact the dealer I bought my unit from, refused to sell me the next biggest commercial unit, as he said I'd be wasting my money. He was right , this works great. The model I bought, they use as their rental units, and he says they have held up very well, and no complaints from the renters. No complaints from me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.