Splitter and a 372

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flash49

Jul 3, 2009
Virginia
Hey people...Saw an ad today for a one year old 30 ton splitter and a 2 year old 372 Husqvarna...both for $800. Don't know any more details than that except for the splitter being powered by a Briggs. Waiting to hear from them now.
Sound like a good deal???

Unless both units are completely trashed that is a very fine deal. Do you own them yet?

Price like that, I'd make the trip over (if you knew the address) and knock on the door. I've found that people are really quick to advertise their items but take weeks to remove their listing.

Well I missed it. The ad went online on Friday and I didn't see it until Sat. morning. No phone number..just email addy. Got one reply to my email Sat. and I replied (several times over the weekend) asking for a phone number. Finally got an answer this morning...SOLD sat. afternoon.
You know the old saying...A day late and a dollar short...Story of my life.

Well that sux, but somebody got a great deal. Just think about the seller who knew as soon as he was getting bombarded will Emails that he under priced it big time. I did the same once on a 60" 3 pt tiller for a tractor. I must of gotten 20 calls with in the first 2 hours, people were racing over to get it. The first guy that showed bought it for full listed price and after it was done, I looked at the money and thought, I surely screwed that up.

flewism said:
I did the same once on a 60" 3 pt tiller for a tractor.

People pay near retail for used implements for compact tractors...haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.