Splitter: Push the wood, or the knife?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used both fixed and mobile blades. I do not have preference as they both beat the heck out of a maul. but I do like the V/H but I don't use the Vertical enough that it would make it a no go if it were Horizontal only. The thought of a 4-6 way wedge is interesting but I feel that would need to be very well designed as I can make my 22 ton grunt with a single wedge.

Wood: Good point about the TW splitter wedge; somebody was thinking there. When I get "into" this more, I am going to try to buy a wedge and post from them, but I have little hope of getting them. Slick looking, for sure. Thanks for the info. Crazy: Thanks for sharing your experience. Every bit helps. later. j

Status
Not open for further replies.