Splitters and kindling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turner-n-Burner said:
Am I the only one that uses a bandsaw to make kindling out of big splits?

Dont no nutton bout no band-saw....... be when me and da clain do a get-n-togother wez have a ban-jo cuttun dat wood.

njtomatoguy said:
Precaud-
it's stamped right on the side of the pallet- I fished a piece with the stamp on it out of the crate, and will post a pic as soon as I get a camera.

tomatoguy,
Today I stopped by the place where I normally pick up pallets, and saw one with a stamp on it. See the photo - how does yours differ from this? (I assume the letters mean something). Judging by it's weight, I don't think this one is hardwood, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• brand.jpg
    brand.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 300
Roospike said:
njtomatoguy said:
Christmas list- or when the price is right.. I really want the ryobi splitter more than the digital camera, and since I bought a 10" compound miter saw last week, toy prchases are on hold..

*********** :bug: ************

Does husky or PE make a oumpound slide miter saw? Mine is a 12" Makita LS1212 12" compound miter the the head pivots in both directions Best tool I ever used I do also like the Dwalts

I picked up a 12 " craftman band saw today from a guy I was working at his home, he never used it $100 its mine

I was at Groosmans Bargin outlet today they sell the 6 tone Iron Horse splitter 15% off their regular price $245 they had 7 monday onlu one today Last year they sold 4 the entire chain of stores have sold 75 this year 11 last year. I guess my review sold a few extra splitters. As good as the ryobi is imagine 50% more power and $50 less.

I should get a commission check from ryobi and grossmans

Amazing what 4 tons can do? Pretty fast Ah!

We could have a get together with all the various models and see which one rules. I suspect the 6 ton number is high! :) Now we just need a gauge of some sort to read the pressure exerted!

elkimmeg said:
Roospike said:
njtomatoguy said:
Christmas list- or when the price is right.. I really want the ryobi splitter more than the digital camera, and since I bought a 10" compound miter saw last week, toy prchases are on hold..

*********** :bug: ************

Does husky or PE make a oumpound slide miter saw? Mine is a 12" Makita LS1212 12" compound miter the the head pivots in both directions Best tool I ever used I do also like the Dwalts

Nope , nothing from stated brands , i had to settle for the DeWalt Heavy-Duty 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw - DW718

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=9793

Works great for what little wood working i do but didnt want to end up buying a new one a few years down the road.

For metal work I do recommend the the Dewalt 14" Chop Saw - DW871
http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=160

And better yet the 14" Multi-Cutter Saw - DW872
http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=159

I own both and are very good tools and get a lot of use and i haven't had one bit of trouble with either saw.

Precaud-

The last few I picked up all have the same stamp- Nothing like yours-

These say

9315-095
100% Hardwood

That's all they say.

Btw, Checked all the ads in the inserts for digital cameras.. This forum is an expensive place to hang out..

This is going to be hilarious if I can pull it off--

Hi Boss,
Can I use you scanner?
Sure Bob.
Strolls into office carrying a 16 inch chunk of a pallet!
Can't wait to see the look on his face.

Bob

elkimmeg said:
I picked up a 12 " craftman band saw today from a guy I was working at his home, he never used it $100 its mine

What a nice deal - congrats!

njtomatoguy said:
The last few I picked up all have the same stamp- Nothing like yours- These say

9315-095
100% Hardwood

That's all they say.
OK, thanks for checking. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Btw, Checked all the ads in the inserts for digital cameras.. This forum is an expensive place to hang out..

For internet use, you don't need lots of megapixels. I have several digicams, from 1mp to 5mp, the one that gets used the most is a Canon A60 (2mp). You can pick up used ones for $50 or so on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.