Splitting by hand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean at the base of that spruce at center/right?

Yes , i get it pretty bad so i can spot it from miles away. If its green and grows on a vine up a tree in new england its usaually poison ivy

Yes , i get it pretty bad so i can spot it from miles away. If its green and grows on a vine up a tree in new england its usaually poison ivy

i'm in that area all the time, have been for a few years now. wouldn't i have felt something by now?

splitting is my favorite part of the whole wood burning process. at least when splitting straight red oak. as for the crotches and unsplitables, I have a pile of those about 1.5 large set on 4 palettes. It is either destined for the fire pit or one day I may rent a splitter and go to town.

splitting is my favorite part of the whole wood burning process. at least when splitting straight red oak. as for the crotches and unsplitables, I have a pile of those about 1.5 large set on 4 palettes. It is either destined for the fire pit or one day I may rent a splitter and go to town.

the crotches and unsplitables I saw down to pieces that will fit the size of my bigger stove, then when I have a good coal bed, I stick the whole piece in there.

You need to spend some time at my house. 4 pallets = 20 days supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.