Splitting pile is growing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcube

Feb 27, 2008
Upstate NY
Still 38 on the pile to buck, this is 27 of them.
Firewood9.jpg

What's left of the pile...
Firewood8.jpg

Looks like your winning the battle. Keep it up and you will be splitting by next weekend. Man I cant believe you guys with all that green grass already. Looks like you will be cutting the lawn also... It never ends does it. Nice pile of heat you got there by the way.
N of 60

good looking rounds, and agree with north of 60, can't believe the green grass already. But shouldn't be too long before the green comes up here.
Get the splittin' done before the warm weather and black flies.

Pretty soon I'll have covered up the whole yard with rounds or torn it up so much I won't have to mow. I'm having 2 slabs of concrete poured hopefully this week. One off the back of the garage for a wood shed and one down the side of the garage to park the truck and trailer, even less to mow :)

In the future if I do something stupid like getting logs for firewood I'll be able to get it out back where it belongs.

Yeah! today I surpassed the 1/2 way point. 10 more gone, 28 left. That's a one day record for me. I don't know some of you people can get it bucked so quick.
Firewood10.jpg

I trying to make a trade with a friend, I borrow his splitter and return it with a truck load of red oak. 3 row so far and 4 more logs buried in the pile. Seems like half the load is oak.
Firewood12.jpg

Congrats on surpassing the half way mark. I know the feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.