Splitting & stacking again.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Got about 1/4 of this batch of birch rounds done.
Great day. 36° sunny & no wind.
Mountains got some snow Saturday morning.
I need to hurry & get the last few loads.
Looks like it could snow anytime now!
Rounds to split:
100_8137.JPG 100_8146.JPG

My view of the Mts.:
100_8142.JPG

What I split & stacked today:
100_8148.JPG 100_8151.JPG

nice smell to fresh split wood eh ? :)

Looks like the grass is greener on the other side.................................of the stacks. :)
Lookin' good, lookin' good!

Is that a river in the background??? (salmon on the brain, I'm going in Oregon tomorrow)

Got snow over here, and over at Shack's place. I got about 2 cords cut and split on Saturday.

we will be gearing up for the winter cutting season here in the next couple weeks, too much nice weather and other yard work to do.

Nice work Dave. Beautiful pictures. It is 62 ::Fhere right now. Strange. Not complaining. But strange. It was 26 ::Fjust the other morning. Have a good one.

Looks like the grass is greener on the other side.................................of the stacks. :)

Is that a river in the background??? (salmon on the brain, I'm going in Oregon tomorrow)

Small lake. Still liquid, but not for long :)

Got snow over here, and over at Shack's place. I got about 2 cords cut and split on Saturday.

Spitting snow here today.
35° , hoping it don't start sticking yet. be nice to get it all split & stacked.

It looks like you just can't stop. Nice stacks

Yea
Some strange urge to go get more.
Then add to that.
Goal almost reached. a full shed & 6 cord to replace what I use this winter.
I've never had so much wood & still want/need more, go figure :p

Yea
Some strange urge to go get more.
Then add to that.
Goal almost reached. a full shed & 6 cord to replace what I use this winter.
I've never had so much wood & still want/need more, go figure :p

Not a bad desire Dave; we all simply want to move up in the Firewood Hoarders Club, LTD. ==c

36 degrees, sunny and no wind! That is about perfect weather. It is a joy to be out working in that.

Fishing in Tillamook, Oregon today was typical Oregon. No bites, sideways rain, 40+ MPH winds. Typical. Now I'm cold, wet, and am getting ready to crank the wood stove. I did see one nice 30+ pound King caught by one lucky angler.

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
always look forward to the beautiful pics bogydave

Incredible pictures bogydave. I'd be thinking about skiing in those mountains soon. It amazes me how short your growing season is.

36 degrees, sunny and no wind! That is about perfect weather. It is a joy to be out working in that.

Perfect wood processing weather. I just love this time of the year.
Got the right side pallets stacked full.
Working on the other end.
Ran the splitter out of gas again, was time to stop. I'll start stacking it tomorrow.
Got 2/3s done. Hoping weather is good enough tomorrow to finish this batch up.

100_8152.JPG 100_8155.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Is that a Honda motor on that splitter? We used one similar to yours when I helped with my brother's firewood a few months ago and boy did it suck down the gas. Got at best a cord on a gallon of fuel.
Mine seems to sip the fuel which is nice. It's one of the yellow splitters they sell at AIH with a 6.5hp Jing Dang Dong (or whatever) china Honda clone.
I did the first two loads (about 17 cords) on 5 gallons.

Just was thinking... between the seasoned wood I had and hauled out to customers, plus what I cut and split for myself and at my brother's place, I've dealt with close to 40 cords this year.

ScroungerJeff, growing season is about same as most northern L48 states if you figure it by hours vs dates. Keep in mind that summer days are ~20hrs of daylight.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Beauty pics Boggy!! Looks like you have a nice clean and dry work area going there too! I bet that mountain air is amazing up there......

Status
Not open for further replies.