Splitting, Stacking and Hauling!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Split about five loads of Cherry today, three I brought out today. Stacked two face cord in the drizzle, attached are some pictures.

Zap

Dude your getting very good at stacking.....

That stack looks like it was shoved against a big piece of plywood as it went up, then the plywood was taken away. My splits are always so gnarly and ruggedly individual looking, I just want to yell at them-

"OK you bunch of misfits, get in line!"

%-P

Cluttermagnet said:

%-P
I use a tamper to keep the misfits in line.
tamper-tool.jpg

smokinjay said:

I'll say. Those stacks and the woodlot area are starting to look positively Swiss.

I like the chair nearby. Is that for the boss or is it the beer-rest chair?

BeGreen said:
I like the chair nearby. Is that for the boss or is it the beer-rest chair?
I dunno what this world is coming to... sitting down to split wood... chairs at the work site. It would make my father turn over in his grave. If my father caught me sitting on the job he'd kick my butt so hard I wouldn't be able to sit for week.

I am sitting at the moment. In front of the air conditioner. For the first time in many years I haven't gotten one split cut since last year. Due to building a new wood shed in April I now have to move all of the stacks on the place to make room for new projects. Been outside moving stacks and the heat index is ONLY 108 °F. :shut:

BrotherBart said:
I am sitting at the moment. In front of the air conditioner. For the first time in many years I haven't gotten one split cut since last year. Due to building a new wood shed in April I now have to move all of the stacks on the place to make room for new projects. Been outside moving stacks and the heat index is ONLY 108 °F. :shut:

That is way to hot to move wood..Early A.M. or late P.M.

smokinjay said:

All you guys have me laughing with your respones, the chair is for me when on break and all my narly wood holds down the tarps. I finally decided to fish some when we took the boat out tonight so I through on a orange jig with a orange/white body worm and on the fourth cast I nail a 16-17 inch walleye (decent size for the raquette river) my wife went to get the net and to her surprise I told her that it was in the garage.. so I grabbed it (the fish) when it got close to the boat then I tell her grab the camera I'll get a picture, so she hands me the camera and I forgot to put the card in and the memory was full (no picture) but the sandwiches tasted good we took out for supper.

Zap

Cluttermagnet said:
That stack looks like it was shoved against a big piece of plywood as it went up, then the plywood was taken away. My splits are always so gnarly and ruggedly individual looking, I just want to yell at them-

half inch or three quarters?

zap

%-P

zapny said:
I finally decided to fish some when we took the boat out tonight so I through on a orange jig with a orange/white body worm and on the fourth cast I nail a 16-17 inch walleye (decent size for the raquette river) my wife went to get the net and to her surprise I told her that it was in the garage.. so I grabbed it (the fish) when it got close to the boat then I tell her grab the camera I'll get a picture, so she hands me the camera and I forgot to put the card in and the memory was full (no picture) but the sandwiches tasted good we took out for supper.

Zap
Now that's a fishy story. Like said, pictures or it didn't happen.

LLigetfa said:
zapny said:
I finally decided to fish some when we took the boat out tonight so I through on a orange jig with a orange/white body worm and on the fourth cast I nail a 16-17 inch walleye (decent size for the raquette river) my wife went to get the net and to her surprise I told her that it was in the garage.. so I grabbed it (the fish) when it got close to the boat then I tell her grab the camera I'll get a picture, so she hands me the camera and I forgot to put the card in and the memory was full (no picture) but the sandwiches tasted good we took out for supper.

Zap
Now that's a fishy story. Like said, pictures or it didn't happen.

Getfa attached are a few pictures of some of the walleye I caught on the St.Lawrence River (I think these are from last year) I might go down this weekend.

zap

Attachments

• 1239.jpg
    1239.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 1420.jpg
    1420.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 295
zapny said:
Getfa attached are a few pictures of some of the walleye I caught on the St.Lawrence River...
Are you sure you didn't stray across the border and those aren't Canadian Pickerel?

LLigetfa said:
zapny said:
Getfa attached are a few pictures of some of the walleye I caught on the St.Lawrence River...
Are you sure you didn't stray across the border and those aren't Canadian Pickerel?

I use to get my Canadian license (not this year) so most likely they came from that side (Steen Shoal Area) also Weaver Shoal which is on the Canadian side out in front of Upper Canada Village.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.