Splitting technique, sorta

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, color me ignorant! I did not know there was a 23.5-inch Fiskars available! That would make the swinging a LOT easier! Even the X-11 might be a good idea.

Thanks, guys... now my Xmas list is complete.

My apologies as I just realized you had a challenge most of us do not face. I would agree that the X11 or X15 would most likely be a good choice for your requirements. The head design on the X series Fiskars is engineered very well and performs great.

Hats off to you for taking on the task of splitting wood! For future wood, what about getting it cut shorter so that it will split easier?

Hats off to you for taking on the task of splitting wood! For future wood, what about getting it cut shorter so that it will split easier?

Excellent idea... for the moment, everything is cut to the length I got it (old man in neighborhood brings me rounds when he can), so I am in no position to complain. Additionally, work is considering moving me to Phoenix, where wood stoves are pretty thin on the ground.

This is just something that has been bugging me and I threw it up here to see what everyone thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.