Splitting wood with a view

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
I cut up some wood in the Fall & forgot about it. Remembered while I was stacking the fresh cut stuff.
Was a good day, 10 °F & sunny, so decided to split it up & get it in the stack.
Got 1/2 of it & added 2 pallets to the wood pile. Hope I get this & what's left on the 2 pallets, Gona be close.
By now yuns know I like pictures.

Attachments

• 102_3757.jpg
    102_3757.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 815
  • 102_3759.jpg
    102_3759.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 815
  • 102_3762.jpg
    102_3762.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 837
  • 102_3769.jpg
    102_3769.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 839
Absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous!

rdust said:
Absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous!

Iam not,may be better than the 70mph winds getting ready to hit.

Its a shame that you have to look at those old mountains every time you step outside. Must be awful. :lol:

I spent 2 months in Alaska in 87 and thought that I was on another planet. Stayed in North Pole (Fairbanks), fished a lot, hunted a lot, spent 2 days at Denali (OMG!!!) and 2 days Halibut fishing down in Homer. Unbelievable place. You can never explain it to anybody who hasn't been, and pics just don't do it justice. You are a lucky man BogyDave!

We have (like everywhere) pros & cons.
Hawaii is pretty nice this time of year too.
Almost every bug we have wants a blood donation, & we got g-zillions of em. LOL :)
But they are gone now!

Spectacular scenery there! Thanx for the pics! Made me think of "Alone in the Wilderness" by Dick Proenneke one of my favorite people..

Ray

bogydave said:
We have (like everywhere) pros & cons.
Hawaii is pretty ice this time of year too.
Almost every bug we have wants a blood donation, & we got g-zillions of em. LOL :)

Ha. "Ice". That's a Freudian slip!
I spent 9 years in Anchorage and 2 in Fairbanks. Miss the mountains terribly.
Thanks for the pictures.

Wow, thanks for sharing the pics! I spent a month over winter in Juneau back in 2003/2004. It's an amazing place, you're a lucky guy! I miss that view.

Nice pic's Truly beautiful. I have only been to Anchorage briefly at the air base -but would love to spend some time in AK.

I don't think I could deal with the darkness and long winters. All that snow must be a hassle for wood processing - you'd better have a storage shed and a covered work area. I can't imagine constantly clearing snow off the tarp and digging splits out .... that would be a major pain. Mine are in my toasty garage only steps from the stove. Good to go!

north of 60 said:
SHHhhhhhhhhh, keep it down. The north is ugly , baron, cold , dark , and full of bugs. Now lets keep it that way, shall we!!!
You're right. More people would just increase the bugs food source. Then more bugs. ;)

When I clicked on this thread I figured you were splitting wood with some buxomy college co-ed or something. Very disappointed.

Move to ban on the grounds of a misleading thread title.

Oh, and nice mountains by the way.

Everyone around here dreams of moving to Florida when they retire, I dream of moving further north.

Gosh that picture is disgusting especially the 4 wheeler with plow and trailer. Man I just threw up in my mouth!!

nice dude...summers must be great and winters well....

Status
Not open for further replies.