Splitting Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fabbed up an attatchment for my small forklift to go on the mast...The whole thing is held on with on with only two bolts and takes about 2 mins to put on

Adirondackwoodburner said:
anyone who splits by hand anymore and is a 24/7 6 months a year burner is crazy to d oso without a wood splitter in my opinion

Am I the last guy on the planet that actually enjoys splitting wood the hard way?

The only thing, and I mean the only thing I do not enjoy about burning wood is stacking. I'd pay thousands for a hydraulic stacker, FWIW.

Bigg_Redd said:
anyone who splits by hand anymore and is a 24/7 6 months a year burner is crazy to d oso without a wood splitter in my opinion

Am I the last guy on the planet that actually enjoys splitting wood the hard way?

Nope. I love splitting wood. When I get around to cutting my wood for the next seaosn, I look foward to a couple hours of splitting each night after work.

Let me know when you find that hydraulic stacker. :)

same here! my back hurts even with a splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.