Spring 2007 wood scrounge update.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a large basswood tree from one neighbor (1 cord). The other neighbor had 3 cherry trees taken down (another cord). I got half of those. My next door neighbor is having 4 trees cut down soon (probably another cord). I already have a cord from here or there. I still have a cord sitting around the wood somewhere. I will be all set for 2007/2008 winter.

carpniels

My late winter/spring scrounge looks like:

3 truckloads (about 1 cord) of mixed white oak/bradford pear and a little elm from someone's backyard
1 truckload of really well seasoned (i.e. somewhat punky) elm (already burned this spring)
1.5 truckloads of black locust from a house down the street
1 truckload of pine, from another backyard
2.5 truckloads of red maple, from tree crew working nearby
1 dumptruck load (3-4 cords) of mostly red oak, with some white oak and beech, from a tree crew down the street

If I add that up its on the order of 6 cords. I burned around 4 last year, so I'm going to need to find some new stacking space. I'm done for the season unless some more locust or some ash (personal favorite) shows up, in which case maybe I'll just give away the red maple.

Status
Not open for further replies.