Spring buys...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
aren't too impressive, much like last year.

I waited till fall and paid the same.

I'm going to tempt fate again this year. I don't really have the storage space to stash without using some of my living space for bags, so waiting is in my best interest.

What I do know is I will be buying on the heavy side. Used EVERY last bag i had last year, and wished i had 10 more. and it was also the largest stock pile i've ever had too.

I buy my entire next season's worth in April which is usually 4 tons. Due to the cold winter we had and the pellet shortage, In increased my usual spring buy to 6 tons to give me a buffer.

I did the early buy in May - saved me $20/ton for 4 tons which paid for the delivery fee. A lot of places will hold the order for you in their warehouse but you have to take delivery usually by end of August, that could solve your storage solution problem unless you only order a ton at a time. I figure I will look to the box stores in August to pick up another 2 tons at a cheaper price for the shoulder seasons.

Brian, I was at BT again today for another ton. They have limited brands ( still), and the lowest inventory levels ive ever seen in the summer. They look more like February. Orders and deliveries have slowed way down compared to June levels. Considering we are about 3 months away from burn season, ( Usually fire up sometime in October ), not a lot of time to get back to a usual fall stocking level.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably order from CT pellet this year again. Even though BT is less than a mile from my house, CT can deliver to me cheaper from 20 miles away... makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.