Spring colors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
It is finally trying to warm up here. By the weekend we might hit 70. The garden is awakening and it is beautiful. Smells good too!

Attachments

• IMG_0678web.jpg
    IMG_0678web.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0710web.jpg
    IMG_0710web.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0713web.jpg
    IMG_0713web.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0714web.jpg
    IMG_0714web.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0715web.jpg
    IMG_0715web.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 296
yooperdave said:
nice
what is the shrub in the first photo? (with the multi colors)

X2 ! what is that...it looks like something out of Wonka, or Dr Seuss. I want one.

are the last two a type of lilac bush? They look like mine...although mine are done blooming....I love the smell of lilacs....got a pink one last year....its small but chuggin along....
my peonies are starting to bloom...love the smell...have to take a couple pics to share...

1st one looks like a rhodedendron, mine ar blooming, too. Chives are also blooming :)

My peonies are very busy this year, and smell awesome. The whites are just about over, but the purples are just beginning :)

yooperdave said:
nice
what is the shrub in the first photo? (with the multi colors)

That is a big old rhododendron.

GAMMA RAY said:
are the last two a type of lilac bush? They look like mine...although mine are done blooming....I love the smell of lilacs....got a pink one last year....its small but chuggin along....
my peonies are starting to bloom...love the smell...have to take a couple pics to share...

Yes, they are lilacs and they smell great. The house is full of them right now. Ours are blooming a month late this year. The good thing is that the blooms are lasting longer due to the cool weather.

I find it amazing how far ahead of us you were, and maybe still are but the lilacs do puzzle me. Like Gamma Ray, our lilacs are past bloom now.

We had a week of rain during our lilac bloom. It is usually the week we leave the windows open to smell them.

thank you. a rhododendron. (why the heck did something so nice come with such a long name) the lilacs here are finally starting to bloom and the aroma is wonderful! along with the apple blossoms (cherry too)
chives are not quite as ready as yours, either

Backwoods Savage said:
I find it amazing how far ahead of us you were, and maybe still are but the lilacs do puzzle me. Like Gamma Ray, our lilacs are past bloom now.

Our regular lilacs are past bloom, but the French lilacs are later which is kind of nice. It extends the season.

Lilacs are just past peak here now . . . which is too bad . . . I love the scent.

my lilacs just finished this week...my rhubodendrons are blooming, but nothing as vibrant as BeGreen's. Thats one heck of a shrubbery you have there. Mine only do 1 color. What you putting in the water to make them do that?

BeGreen said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Our regular lilacs are past bloom, but the French lilacs are later which is kind of nice. It extends the season.

Thanks for that explanation. This is one I haven't heard of before but will look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.