Spring is here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
I went to the local hardware for a new gasket. They didn't have the right size. Off to TSC I went. Where the stove stuff should be I found instead garden hoses and grass seed. I ask ' Do you have any stove gaskets?'
' No sir, we are sold out for the season.'
' It's January.'
' Yes, sir. Our heating season is from August to December.'
' That's stupid.'
So, off I went another 30 miles to Menard's.

I hate that crap! I needed a salamander heater a few years ago. Beginning of January and same problem I had.

Lowes had their freaking snowblowers out in the front of the store at the end of the July here. Ok, we do have snow around Halloween, but just a "little" early??

And seed catalogs now show up in November! Get seeds ordered by Feb 1 else lots are already sold out! Crazy.

I also recall one time I was away from home in August and we had a hot day. I was hot and tired and decided a quick swim in Lake Michigan would be a winner. I could not find a bathing suit for sale! Winter clothing was the order of the day in the stores. Ya, drives me nuts too.

EDIT: Then there were 3 Tractor Supply stores that informed me they had sold out of their winter gloves....the first week of January.

I guess spring wardrobes are one thing, but the name is ' Tractor Supply Company,' which one would think should imply some sort of practicality. I can see having some lawnmowers and stuff out, since it is tax refund season. But whatever, prolly be a long time before I go back.

I also recall one time I was away from home in August and we had a hot day. I was hot and tired and decided a quick swim in Lake Michigan would be a winner. I could not find a bathing suit for sale! Winter clothing was the order of the day in the stores. Ya, drives me nuts too.

bathing suits, huh? why not skinny dipping??? ( or since you're a little older, chunky dunkin!!) as far as filling the stores with summer apparel early goes, its a good sign, don't you think?? i mean, every year, someone somewhere has a sign that says "women's swimwear-half off"! now to only find that beach they use!

Hello

We had a blizzard of 10" of snow in Salem NH last Wed and they expect even more snow next Tues and Wed.

Now since our Lowe's is trying to sell Lawn tractors, they put tire chains on the back wheels!!!

I think they could sell snow blowers alot easier!!
See pic below:

Attachments

• LowesTireChainLawnTractorSC.jpg
    LowesTireChainLawnTractorSC.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 198
Went shopping today. Last of the winter items were on sale (e.g., sweaters -- some good buys). Sears was featuring barbecue grills and other stores had introduced their spring lines of clothes, incuding bathing suits. Premature anticipation. You would think they would learn from modern inventory management - "just in time'.

Yep! I went to TSC the other day and asked if they had any more bio bricks. You all know what the answer was. Now, wouldn't you think they would want busyness? They have lost me as a customer. Every time I go there, they don't have what I want. Just add it to the list of box stores I try not to step foot into. I'd rather buy stuff from someone who gives a s#!t about what they are selling. Someone who's livelyhood depends on making sales of merchandise they care and know about. Unfortunately, we all know that's rare these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.