Spring pellet sales in Maine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mepellet

Minister of Fire
Aug 10, 2011
Central ME
I’m starting to think about on next year’s stash. Since this is my first year with the stove, I am wondering if anyone has seen any spring pellet sales in Maine. Do the box stores sell at discounted rates at the end of the season? I just got another shipment email from Greene Team and may try to grab a couple tons if they go back down to the pre-heating season price of $197/ton. How about any pellet warehouse sales? I wouldn't mind getting some of the "good stuff" to try but if they are too expensive I'll pass since the Harman doesn't care what it eats. :p

I do the same, I am working up in Bangor this week, so I grabbed 25 bags of LG Granules for $4.99 a bag at Dysarts in Hampden. I bought the CleanFire Pacific last March from pelletsales.com and gott'em for a steal compared to this years prices.

So you just keep watching everybody and see where the prices go!

On the contrary, the Tractor Supply near me just went up ten cents a bag!!

It will be interesting to see if pellet prices drop in March once demand dies down, then again, rising fuel costs could be a killer too. It's a wait n' see game if nothing else.

I'll end the year with 3 tons in reserve, good enough to get me through for next winter!

When gas goes up so does most other things, and pellets are shipped are they not?

I've been picking up pellets a load at a time from different box stores, and some are out of stock already (some have gone up slightly in price as noted).

To me pellets not used this season is money in the bank, and I just topped off my oil tank knowing that will go up as well, so more money in the bank, or should I say tank.

If there are season end pellet sales I'll make more room for them. ;-)

1D

Bank said:
I do the same, I am working up in Bangor this week, so I grabbed 25 bags of LG Granules for $4.99 a bag at Dysarts in Hampden. I bought the CleanFire Pacific last March from pelletsales.com and gott'em for a steal compared to this years prices.

Have you seen any spring sales in Maine in recent years?

mepellet said:
Bank said:

Have you seen any spring sales in Maine in recent years?

I'm in central Maine as well, and I'm also hopeful to find some spring clearance in the area.

I spoke to a pellet house in Berwick this morning where I usually get my Spruce Pointes. They have skyrocketed in price to 285/ton already and are forecasting no deals this spring. Seems that the manufacture sells what they make so they wont be offering any deals.

He did mention that he has other options that should pan out a bit better this April. Hoping for some good deals on MWP. He currently has those at 239/ton for the blended and has plenty on hand at this time. MWP had out a softwood this year that the pellet house burned themselves. Thinks that they outperformed the Spruce Points. We'll see how this plays out.

gbreda said:
I spoke to a pellet house in Berwick this morning where I usually get my Spruce Pointes. They have skyrocketed in price to 285/ton already and are forecasting no deals this spring. Seems that the manufacture sells what they make so they wont be offering any deals.

He did mention that he has other options that should pan out a bit better this April. Hoping for some good deals on MWP. He currently has those at 239/ton for the blended and has plenty on hand at this time. MWP had out a softwood this year that the pellet house burned themselves. Thinks that they outperformed the Spruce Points. We'll see how this plays out.

You can get MWP from SIB for $219 delivered - they delivered all the way to Augusta from Jay (50 miles).

movemaine said:
gbreda said:

You can get MWP from SIB for $219 delivered - they delivered all the way to Augusta from Jay (50 miles).

I am thinking about just getting 2 ton from him now and holding out for another 2 ton if somewhere has a good deal in April.

movemaine said:
gbreda said:

I will check but I am in New Durham NH. Close enough to Berwick, but not sure about Jay Maine.
Thanks !!

movemaine said:
gbreda said:

i got delivery 135 miles away.

steve is the man.

i was thinking about coordinating a buy w/ bigruckus. since we both live in millinocket.
where are you again, mepellet?

i could go for some tons to start next season's stash.
but we still have a lot of snow on the driveway right now.
and though it's been in the 40's for a few days, we have some colder temps still coming.

if you are close enough for us to make it a little more worthwhile for steve to drive up here, it can't hurt our status as customers.

no worries if this doesn't work. but i figured i should mention it since steve asked me about this kind of thing when he delivered to me last time.
i'll be checking with bigruckus too in any event. :)

mepellet said:
oldmountvernon said:
boy did i get spoiled with these Trebio's @ 150 per ton. nothing else sounds exciting anymore

I'd be pulling an OMV if I found a sale like that too! ;-)

New technical term for stuffing your stash. "Pulling an OMV!" :cheese:

St_Earl said:
i was thinking about coordinating a buy w/ bigruckus. since we both live in millinocket.
where are you again, mepellet?

i could go for some tons to start next season's stash.
but we still have a lot of snow on the driveway right now.
and though it's been in the 40's for a few days, we have some colder temps still coming.

if you are close enough for us to make it a little more worthwhile for steve to drive up here, it can't hurt our status as customers.

no worries if this doesn't work. but i figured i should mention it since steve asked me about this kind of thing when he delivered to me last time.
i'll be checking with bigruckus too in any event. :)

Id love to do something like this to make steves delivery easier but I am actually south of him.... hope it works out for you two though.

j-takeman said:
mepellet said:
oldmountvernon said:
boy did i get spoiled with these Trebio's @ 150 per ton. nothing else sounds exciting anymore

I'd be pulling an OMV if I found a sale like that too! ;-)

New technical term for stuffing your stash. "Pulling an OMV!" :cheese:

Stuffing is an understatement.... ;-)

Knights, rt 3 in Augusta usually has a spring or early summer sale. His sales were really good until the box stores got into the act. I am not so sure his early buys are a bargain now .With him, you pay full price upfront when you place your order. I bought from him for two years before I found SIB whose price includes delivery. Knights charges a fee dependent on the amount and the distance. Both are very honest and defendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.