Spring pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoshuanyc

Apr 29, 2013
Yorktown heights
So I was hopeful that I could save alot of cash buying in the off season but with delivery it seems the price of pellets is close to what I was paying per bag in the height of the season. Do the deals get better during the summer or is this as good as it gets? $100 to deliver 3 tons takes all the savings!

Have you tried woodpellets.com?

Not only does wood pellets.com charge alot to ship but they add tax. I dont think pellets are taxable. Works out to be 6bucks or more a bag. I paid 6 bucks a bag during the winter season. I guess only way to save is to pick up. Can't wait to haul 3 tons!

Not only does wood pellets.com charge alot to ship but they add tax. I dont think pellets are taxable. Works out to be 6bucks or more a bag. I paid 6 bucks a bag during the winter season. I guess only way to save is to pick up. Can't wait to haul 3 tons!
I see. They don't deliver in my area so this is news to me. Most people on here seem to like them. Like you said, if you want the max savings you gotta pick it up yourself. I had one dealer quote me 180 bucks to deliver 4 tons?!?!?

Pretty sure there's no state tax. However, local municipalities can charge tax? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.