Spring Split

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
It has been a while since I have been on hearth. Cold weather got me browsing again this morning. Anyways, never posted pic of wood split last spring. Rented a splitter for weekend and ran thing almost non stop for 2 days in a row. Stacked out to almost 7 cord. The pic doesn't show everything and obviously some are deceiving. Mix of woods in there. Cherry, locust, black walnut, hickory, mulberry, and poplar.

My next project will be a woodshed. I have been searching posts. The woodshed post gave me some ideas. I made a movable one that I am going to use to stack by house. Will hold little over half cord. Getting tired of the tarps.

Attachments

• IMG_7060.JPG
    IMG_7060.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 165
Nice work. I'm looking at woodshed plans as well. Feels like the final rite of passage of a wood burner is a nice shed.

Thats a huge pile. You must have been real busy all weekend. Nice pics. Feels good to have all that wood.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

very nice pile of wood, good to see you have recruited help!

nice heap-o-splits, BC! I plan on stacking around a cord right against the back of the house. Come winter, I haul the wood into my unheated basement. But until the buggers go dormant, I keep it outside. I plan on making a pallet rack like some others have been making on here (see mudbug250's and Pallet Pete's racks) right against the back of the house to hold a cord or so, I'll cover it with a piece of rubber roofing. That'll hold me til the end of November. Good to see you back on the Hearth!

Here's a link to Mudbug's rack. You could easily put a roof over this rack!

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/morning-haul-plus-homemade-rack.90525/#post-1182994

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
It has been a while since I have been on hearth. Cold weather got me browsing again this morning. Anyways, never posted pic of wood split last spring. Rented a splitter for weekend and ran thing almost non stop for 2 days in a row. Stacked out to almost 7 cord. The pic doesn't show everything and obviously some are deceiving. Mix of woods in there. Cherry, locust, black walnut, hickory, mulberry, and poplar.

My next project will be a woodshed. I have been searching posts. The woodshed post gave me some ideas. I made a movable one that I am going to use to stack by house. Will hold little over half cord. Getting tired of the tarps.

You did extremely well splitting 7 cord in 2 days. I split 7 cord last spring and I'll guarantee it did not get done in 2 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.