Spring Storm Hitting Again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
I just got finished partially cleaning up from the last storm, and we have another one headed our way. They are calling for anywhere between 1-4 feet of snow.... I moved enough wood into the house/ under the patio to get me through the next 3 days, or until it becomes 80º again here.

I'm hoping that it doesn't take out any more of my trees (except the ones I want to take down..... )

You guys get winter early then winter late with a break in between. I love snow but by April I'm ready for spring. How high altitude do you live?

I feel for you. I grew up in Ohio and my idea of winter includes a lot of snow. However, I have never been a fan of spring snowfalls. I can enjoy an early snow in November, but once winter is over it should move on down the road and let spring take over!

I just got finished partially cleaning up from the last storm, and we have another one headed our way. They are calling for anywhere between 1-4 feet of snow.... I moved enough wood into the house/ under the patio to get me through the next 3 days, or until it becomes 80º again here.

I'm hoping that it doesn't take out any more of my trees (except the ones I want to take down..... )
Weather can be very fickle in your area. I visited Golden many years ago in October. We arrived in a total blizzard that shut down the interstate. A couple days later it was sunny and 70.

I feel your pain, I'm watching the weather and it looks as if the people above 6,500ft are in the bulls eye with heavy wet concrete.

You guys get winter early then winter late with a break in between. I love snow but by April I'm ready for spring. How high altitude do you live?
Right at 6000ft

Wednesday it was 75, next week will be 80. I don't mind the spring storms, we need the moisture. I just wish they didn't happen when I had other projects scheduled! This weekend I was supposed to finish building a stone wall and filling in the front yard.

We are now at 35"and counting here at 8250 ft. Snow is still falling at inch an hour rates. My son and I stacked what we thought would be 4 days worth of wood on the porch on Friday. It looks like we'll be digging out the woodpile along with the driveway, cars and dog run. It seems we always get a big dump after the local ski hill closes for the season.

We are now at 35"and counting here at 8250 ft. Snow is still falling at inch an hour rates. My son and I stacked what we thought would be 4 days worth of wood on the porch on Friday. It looks like we'll be digging out the woodpile along with the driveway, cars and dog run. It seems we always get a big dump after the local ski hill closes for the season.
I brought in enough for three days. I think we are at around 20" right now.
20160417_075710.jpg

Wow, 20" is not a small snowstorm. That's the equivalent of a couple inches of rain.

here comes another one... i brought in enough for 3-4 days this time.... hopefully after this I can clean the chimney, and spend some time outside splitting and cutting a bunch of the wood that I have stored around multiple locations that are nowhere near where I need them to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.