Springs in heat exchange tubes - your thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thz123

Jan 8, 2009
IOWA
About two years ago, on this forum, there were threads regarding using springs in the heat exchange tubes. The purpose was to increase the heat output. I am interested in your experience with the springs after 2 years of using them? Are you still using them? Is the air flow restricted? Do you believe your air flow temp's have increased? Thanks

About two years ago, on this forum, there were threads regarding using springs in the heat exchange tubes. The purpose was to increase the heat output. I am interested in your experience with the springs after 2 years of using them? Are you still using them? Is the air flow restricted? Do you believe your air flow temp's have increased? Thanks
The thread is here:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/quadrafire-castile-experiment.58216/
Its 8 pages include some updates from this season.

Thanks for looking that up, Swineflue. That should answer most questions. Mine are still in there doing what they did two years ago > less heat up flue means more heat into the room. It would make no sense to go back. I only wish that there were a way to create more surface area on the outside of the tubes to absorb more heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.