1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

sprocket tip vs hard nose bars

Post in 'The Gear' started by stoz, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoz

stoz New Member

I have never used a hard nose bar but won one on ebay by mistake, is there anything wrong with them, before I go ahead and use it? I will have it on a husky 385 xp 24" bar so I should have enough hp to turn it.

Scott

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MALogger

MALogger New Member

Loc:
    Foxboro, MA
    Hi,

There is nothing wrong with a hard nose bar. They are generally used in dirty conditions where abrasives could cause a problem with the sprocket tip. They do have a little more friction than a sprocket tip but I don't think you would notice much of a difference if at all. A 385 xp will have no problem turning that.

Craig
  3. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Husqvarna 385xp , yeah ... ya might have enough power to run it. Ha . I have run 32" bars on my 372XP . normally the bar will bend or the rails will get worn before the nose will go to pot. Your good to go. I think you should be able to run a 36" bar on that powerhouse , unsure of a 42" Look into it.
  4. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin Ma
    With a 385 a 24" bar is nothing for that saw.We have a 36" bar on one at work for BIG WOOD . Runs just fine.
  5. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    What MAlogger said.
  6. stoz

stoz New Member

Thanks for the input, got it for a great deal so I figured somethiing must be wrong.

Scott
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.