1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Spruce Pointe or Barefoot? Softwood or Hardwood?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by djs_net, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Northeaster2010

Northeaster2010 Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Barefoots for me! I never thought they would be such a big difference in quality, heat, etc. in a pellet until I tried them. To me there worth the extra money. My stove puts out more heat at a lower setting then other pellets I've burned.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    I definately would've considered Turmans but BT doesn't carry them. I know CJ's has them, but that's not convenient for my buddy who has the truck.

I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the Barefoots.
  3. Andy P.

Andy P. Member

Loc:
    Central Mass.
    I burned 2 tons of Barefoots and a ton of Turmans last season. They are both the cream of the crop, I find both to be about equal in heat output and Turmans to produce slightly less ash. The only pellet that I've burned that may be slightly better than those two is the "try it before you buy it " 5 bags of Vermonts Im burning now.
  4. pell it

pell it Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Did you try any of those Barefoots in the Traeger? The make for some nice ribs, jerky, turkey, etc!!!! Yum yum
  5. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    I wanted to try the Vermonts (which is what led to me starting the VWP unethical? thread) but they are not available in my immediate area. Maybe next year?