Spruce Pointe or Barefoots?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
Spruce Pointes for $218 ton or Barefoots $233 a ton. What would you do?

split order buy booth

Anyone know the BTU ratings on these?

Good price on both and you cant go wrong on either....who's got em?

I haven't seen the actual test data on either. But Barefoot lists there's as 8600 BTU's and Spruce Pointes lists there's as 8700 BTU's. This varies batch to batch. I liked both and both were great for cranking out heat. Lowest Ash goes to the Spruce Pointes. Then with what you have listed for price. I would have Spruce Pointes in my basement! :)

Don't take my word for it. Buy a couple of bags and toss em in. You might want to try a few of the Barefoots too! Try before you buy just in case as they say!

By the way this goes beyond my test data. I have burned both of them on and off for several years now. Both brands are very consistent at what they send to market. I have not seen a bad batch yet!

BTU said:
SXIPro said:

I rate these as the Barefoot's being slightly hotter than the Spruce Pointe's, but the Spruce Pointe's will have less ash....so I rate them both as very good pellets...that was what you were looking for right? ....my very humble opinion on them........ ;-)

These are VERY good prices....who does have them for that price?

I'm getting a discounted rate from my supplier on the first 4 tons I buy this year to make up for the bad batch of XXXXXXX I got last year.

BTU said:
SXIPro said:
BTU said:
SXIPro said:

I rate these as the Barefoot's being slightly hotter than the Spruce Pointe's, but the Spruce Pointe's will have less ash....so I rate them both as very good pellets...that was what you were looking for right? ....my very humble opinion on them........ ;-)

These are VERY good prices....who does have them for that price?

I'm getting a discounted rate from my supplier on the first 4 tons I buy this year to make up for the bad batch of XXXXXXX I got last year.

He is giving you a deal....these are scary close to his cost.............

Yup. There is not nearly as much margin in these things as some people think. But these folks understand the customer service thing, which is nice to see in any industry these days.

I just bought 8.4 tons of Spruce Point pellets for $240 p/ton and free delivery. I'd say you got a pretty good deal!

and the supplier is ????????????

SXIPro said:
smilejamaica said:
split order buy booth

Ummmm.....no.

Just curious....why the "no" answer? If you haven't burned either pellet before, this is a good time to try both....those prices are very good for 2 very good pellets.

SXIPro said:
smilejamaica said:
split order buy booth

Ummmm.....no.

Why not? It's a good chance to try two brands and quite frankly, that was very rude ESPECIALLY you're ASKING for suggestions.

If you have a problem on an answer you DON'T want to hear, DON'T ask.

Smilejamaica has no problem splitting his order.check out his Sig.variety sure is the spice of life.i be needin some of those pellets mon

corkman said:
Smilejamaica has no problem splitting his order.check out his Sig.variety sure is the spice of life.i be needin some of those pellets mon

Exactly. At least he's 'tasting' different flavors.

I'm a big Barefoot user. Proven pellet, but I grabbed a few bags at TSC ("Hamer's?) and HD "Stove Chow", just to try them out. They may be just as good or close to Barefoot's performance AND cost way less.

I would go for Spruce Pointe, burned 20 bag and don't know where to get more.

poconoman said:
SXIPro said:
smilejamaica said:
split order buy booth

Ummmm.....no.

Why not? It's a good chance to try two brands and quite frankly, that was very rude ESPECIALLY you're ASKING for suggestions.

Lighten up, dude. You are the one being rude at this point. I was asking for a choice, not an answer of 'both'. I know they are both good pellets, so I am sure I would be happy with either. If I were gonna test both, I'd buy a couple bags of each, not a 1/2 ton of each. My supplier is not going to separate them, and I don't get them delivered,I pick them up. So I'd rather have one ton on a pallet dropped in my truck and off I go. I only want to move them once. Now go have a bran muffin, tough guy.

SXIPro said:
poconoman said:
SXIPro said:
smilejamaica said:
split order buy booth

Ummmm.....no.

Lighten up, dude. You are the one being rude at this point. I was asking for a choice, not an answer of 'both'. I know they are both good pellets, so I am sure I would be happy with either. If I were gonna test both, I'd buy a couple bags of each, not a 1/2 ton of each. My supplier is not going to separate them, and I don't get them delivered,I pick them up. So I'd rather have one ton on a pallet dropped in my truck and off I go. I only want to move them once. Now go have a bran muffin, tough guy.

YOU asked for a suggestion. One was given. Even if it's NOT what you wanted to hear, "ummmmmm......no", is RUDE. Period. If you would've said something like: "Thanks, but my dealer is not going to split. It's either one or the other".

If you're one of those sensitive types, then DON'T ask.

Exactly WHO is the sensitive one? Get over it dude. Take a Pamprin, go read a Nicholas Sparks book. It's all good.

To the original guy I said 'Ummmm no' to: I sincerely apologize if I offended you(which I doubt I did). I just didn't feel like typing a paragraph at that particular moment.

To poconoman: Get a life.

Now, Now kids lets play nicely. :) To get this back on topic before its closed by a mod. SXIPro, What did you end up getting and how are they doing for you? Just like to know how the story ended, tis all!

j-takeman,

My dealer ended up running out of the SPs and the BFs. I went with Vermont Softwoods which I had never tried before. I am very impressed. Lowest ash of anything I have ever burned in 10 years, good heat too. $220 a ton. Not a bad price either.

Thank you for asking. And I hope you have a terrific day.

that was a great price on the BF's. Just paid $280.

SXIPro said:
Exactly WHO is the sensitive one? Get over it dude. Take a Pamprin, go read a Nicholas Sparks book. It's all good.

To the original guy I said 'Ummmm no' to: I sincerely apologize if I offended you(which I doubt I did). I just didn't feel like typing a paragraph at that particular moment.

To poconoman: Get a life.

No. YOU'RE the sensitive one because YOU didn't like what I wrote and I called you out. AGAIN, if you can't handle an honest suggestion and YOU have little manners, then DON'T ask.

Funny, how you're apologizing NOW. It had to take my response and others to change your tune.

The last post I saw on this was #11 back on the 11-4. I just dug it up today. I responded to it because you were acting like an a-hole, and still are. Let it go. Now stop stalking me, your boyfriend will get jealous.

You still can't face the facts, can't you? You still want to look as the victim. For one, YOU resorted to name calling because you can't stand I'm not backing down. Talk about total immaturity. And where did I act as an "a-hole"? YOU rudely said "ummmmm......no" and I called you out?

Keep posting and I'll keep responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.