Spruce Pointe's for next year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neversink

Jan 5, 2011
NY
Did a lot of research and saw nothing but good things about these pellets. A local member referred me to a lumber yard nearby that carried Sprucies. Bought a couple bags to try and loved them. The lack of ash was insane! Hot pellet although I will have to fool around with the damper to find the perfect air mix. I just ordered 4 tons for next season!!

I think that you will like these alot. They were my primary pellet this past winter and have 4.8 ton on the way for next year. What was the pricing in NY? Curious to see the pricing differences, if any....

i like them also . i think okies are just a little better though

Burned 20 bags, can't go wrong.

Oil hater,

I have a St Croix as well. Did you have to close the damper a bit when buring the Sprucies? I'm just finishing up on the LG's which were very dense, so I had to open the damper up a bit. When I bought my test bags of Sprucies I did a side by side stack comparision to the LG's, the sprucies seemed less dense. I'm thinking these will need less air.

Neversink said:
Oil hater,

I have a St Croix as well. Did you have to close the damper a bit when buring the Sprucies? I'm just finishing up on the LG's which were very dense, so I had to open the damper up a bit. When I bought my test bags of Sprucies I did a side by side stack comparision to the LG's, the sprucies seemed less dense. I'm thinking these will need less air.
I've kept the same damper setting since my stove was installed 3yrs ago. I've test burned about 20 or more different pellets, all with the exact same settings. I'm sure if I played around with the damper I could have got some of the colder pellets to be hotter. Like Cubex and Turman for example, not hot at all for me, but that seems backwards from lots of other posts. On the other hand, Okanagan, Spruce Pointe and even Natures Heat by Pennington and Cleanfire (hardwood) were all very hot. The Pennington and Cleanfire had lots of ash and dirty glass and way too many fines. Spruce Pointe and Eagle Valley had least ash and cleanest glass hardly any fines. NEWP (Jaffery) , Energex (green bag) and Turman had basically no fines or dust.

smilejamaica said:
I think okies were good the year before but did not care for them this year. Found the Vermonts blew them away. also liked the Sporuce Point.Smile Jamaica have you tried the Vermonts yet. Awesome heat and low ash.

1fireball said:
smilejamaica said:
I think okies were good the year before but did not care for them this year. Found the Vermonts blew them away. also liked the Sporuce Point.Smile Jamaica have you tried the Vermonts yet. Awesome heat and low ash.
yes i tried 2 bags and loved them also . i might be picking up a ton or 2 of the vermonts . i did not have a problem with the okies i have .

A Ace hardware has these fit 279.00a ton with free delivery. Seems a bit on the high side to me??
Anyone have prices in their area I can compare with?

For this time of year, that price delivered for a quality pellet is not bad. CJs in Manchester where I bought my Turman pellets at $249 in April are now $278 (delivery is extra). What Ace hardware are you talking about? I'd be interested in trying a few bags.

Ace in Norwich. I think I'm going to grab two tons and keep looking for the other two i'll be needing.

Status
Not open for further replies.