Squeaky Augor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Pappalardo

Mar 27, 2013
Gorham,Maine
Augor changed out and feed motor by stove company.Squeak is backand driving me crazy! So an old post about ACS SPRAY that worked. Does anyone recommend how much spray to put on pellets?
Thanks
Jeff

Augor changed out and feed motor by stove company.Squeak is backand driving me crazy! So an old post about ACS SPRAY that worked. Does anyone recommend how much spray to put on pellets?
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,

What stove do you have, the bottom feeders tend to have carbon build up on the ends of their augers, you need to clean it off regularly. This can be done with a scraper, screwdriver, or a chisel. A Dremel Tool with a wire brush attachment would also work. This carbon can build up on the floor of the burn area as well and depending on how far into the burn area the auger protrudes it will rub against this build up. No matter what method you use it will be a reoccurring one.

There are a number of ways to help reduce it that involve dry graphite and other dry lubricants but they also need periodic treatment.

But I haven't had the need (top feed system). Maybe someone will drop by who has used the other methods.

Welcome to the forum, and when you get a chance add your stove information to your signature. Cursor over your name in the upper right portion of this page a menu will drop down, click on signature in the left hand column to edit or setup your signature information.

Jeff,

What stove do you have, the bottom feeders tend to have carbon build up on the ends of their augers, you need to clean it off regularly. This can be done with a scraper, screwdriver, or a chisel. A Dremel Tool with a wire brush attachment would also work. This carbon can build up on the floor of the burn area as well and depending on how far into the burn area the auger protrudes it will rub against this build up. No matter what method you use it will be a reoccurring one.

There are a number of ways to help reduce it that involve dry graphite and other dry lubricants but they also need periodic treatment.

But I haven't had the need (top feed system). Maybe someone will drop by who has used the other methods.

Welcome to the forum, and when you get a chance add your stove information to your signature. Cursor over your name in the upper right portion of this page a menu will drop down, click on signature in the left hand column to edit or setup your signature information.

Thanks,just updated. Acentra2 Harman Stove.

Do this

What doyou mean not my signature? I'm a non computer person who would much rather use carrier pigions!
What Smokey meant was to put your stoves model and year made in the same place (Signature) that you have just your name "Jeff" right now....it makes it easier for members who have the same stove to help you in the future.

Also, you'll get more responses in future threads if you put the stove model in the thread title line. Something like this would have be better in this thread...."Harman Accentra 2 squeaky auger"

my stove squeaked for the first couple weeks. The auger eventually wore itself down and its now quite. I know thats not a quick fix but hopefully in time it gets better.

How long have you had the stove? Did it squeak right out of the box? Mine did when i first bought it. The dealer was very nice and came out several times, but didn't fix the problem, just masked it for awhile. They finally took the auger out and filed the crap out of it. Haven't had a problem since.
If it's not a new stove, vacuum out the hopper. If you are using pellets with a lot of fines, they can build up here and cause a squeak. I don't know how long after they replaced the auger that the squeak started, it might make a difference as to what advice you need. If it was right after, have them come back, not for awhile, vacuum hopper, vacuum fines clean out box, make sure there is not a carbon buildup at the end of the auger tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.