Squire model number 50500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomangie89

Jan 2, 2012
Cincinnati, ohio
I have a Squire 50500 in my fireplace. Got it for $75.00 from a burned down house. "no the insert didnt cause the fire". I installed it in my own fireplace about 10 years ago. I have a perfectly good 10" square chimney. I put an 8" flu liner straight up through it. Welded all the seams and attached it directly to the collar on the top of the insert. I seen a post from someone back in june of 2008. I read through the whole thing and noticed someone had mentioned an aftermarket catalytic retro fit burner. Is there one of these available? I'm getting tired of cleaning my flu 4 times a year. I use this insert 24/7 durring the winter. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

And that was a good choice indeed.

Attachments

• FS1 catalyst.jpg
    FS1 catalyst.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 420
Thanks for your input. I had checked Nu-tec and had little luck there. Since I have prefabbed everything I need to clean the flu I'll stick with that for a while. I'll keep my eyes open for a newer insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.